Our ninth month of house building with a video update of our dream home that has wainscoting & trim!
Personally, January felt like the month that would never end, but when it comes to building a house that is definitely a good thing!
They & we were able to get so much done this month.
Even though this is January’s update since it is February I can excitedly say that next month we will be moving into our new home!!
We’ve already started picking out furniture & as soon as we have a move in date we will be able to start ordering the basics, like couches & chairs, for our new home.
But first, we need to finish building the house!
So here is a list of everything that happened in January involving our new house:
- All of the floor & wall tiles were finished being laid & were grouted.
- Our interior doors were installed.
- The interior walls were prepped & (mostly) primed.
- Window trim was installed.
- Wainscoting, baseboards, & trim were installed.
- We finalized & ordered our custom kitchen cabinets.
- We ordered 2 vanities for the master bathroom.
- Our half bathroom & 2 upstairs bathroom vanities were delivered.
- All of our light fixtures were delivered.
- We ordered the cabinets for our laundry room (which we picked up & unloaded at our new house).
- We finalized the hard marble (some people call it white granite & others call it quartzite) for our kitchen & bought butcher block for our laundry room.
- The electricity was turned on!!
And even though February is a short month, I’m hoping that we have a whole lot of progress this month so that we will be able to move into our new house in mid-March.
If you want to see more of what happened in January click here to see my YouTube house progress update for January!
And if you enjoyed this home update, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter below so that you don’t miss out on another blissful moment!
What were you most excited about 2 months prior to moving into your new home build?
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter!
With love, Giusti
I love you, Lord, my strength.