These Nutella Cheesecake Strawberry Bites may look fancy, but they are a quick & easy dessert with Nutella hidden inside.
Does anyone else have the feeling that this year is going to go by super fast? That if we blink or look away for even a second it will be spring, summer, fall…
I know this may sound like crazy talk since it’s only January, but when I think of strawberries I think of Valentine’s Day & strawberry picking season in late spring/early summer here in the south.
So while these Nutella Cheesecake Strawberry Bites were made with the thought of kisses & hearts, I know I’ll be making these little bite-sized treats again & again come strawberry season.
Especially if we get a chance to go strawberry picking again.
Or should I say if I get a chance to go strawberry picking again this year?
I’m not quite sure the idea of bending down for an hour or two in the warming sun to gather strawberries is exactly my husband’s idea of a fun day off. Luckily my sister-in-laws & their children love it! So I know I always have someone to go with!
While I probably won’t go overboard with strawberry recipes like I did last year. I did want to tie my strawberry loving friends over until strawberry season with at least one new strawberry recipe.
And if anyone is counting this is the 15th recipe that features strawberry as the special ingredient.
I went back through all of my strawberry recipes to determine which ones are my favorites… And let me tell you, it was hard choosing my top 3!
So I had to make it a top 5.
1. Nutella Cheesecake Strawberry Bites (Yep, this new recipe made it to first place!)
I wanted to add Fresh Strawberry Goat Cheese Crostini & Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad to the list, but as you can see, I have a bit of a sweet tooth. Although not too sweet because those strawberry fruit leathers are sweetened only with honey, which is totally optional in the recipe!
All this talk of strawberries is making my mouth water!
I even had to go back to my calendar to see when my next strawberry recipe was planned. And shockingly I do not have any more strawberry recipes planned for the year! What???
So I’ve decided to kick a recipe or two out of my planner to make way for some new strawberry recipes come May.
But until then I hope you enjoy these Nutella Cheesecake Strawberry Bites!
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar, heaping
- 1 Pound Strawberries
- 1/4 Cup Nutella
- In a medium bowl, whip the 8 ounces softened cream cheese, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, & 1 heaping cup white powdered sugar. Cover & place in your fridge to chill for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse & pat dry the strawberries, being careful not to remove any leaves.
- Slice the strawberries lengthwise & set on a tray. If the strawberries won't stay upright slice a little off to create a flat bottom.
- Pat dry the top of each strawberry slice.
- Place a tiny dollop of Nutella in the center of each strawberry slice, if need be you can scoop a small amount of strawberry out to create a crater in the center of each strawberry for the Nutella to sit inside.
- Next, scoop the cheesecake into a pastry bag (or plastic bag with the tip cut off) with a star tip.
- Pipe the cheesecake on to each strawberry, covering the Nutella.
- Enjoy immediately or keep refrigerated for 3-5 hours.
What is your favorite way to enjoy strawberries?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, Giustina
But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son,
born of a woman,
born under the law, to redeem those under the law,
that we might receive adoption to sonship.
Galatians 4:4-5 NIV
More Domestically Blissful Recipes:
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
food, home, faith, & travel.