This Nutella Puff Pastry Braid is filled with warm hazelnut flavor & perfect for brunch or dessert for any occasion.
Within minutes of posting a sneak peek of this recipe on Instagram Stories, I received a DM from my sister questioning why I had not made this for her when she was at my house for brunch the other day.
And I don’t blame her.
This tastes as good as it looks, maybe better!
The warm Nutella inside of the flaky puff pastry is almost too good to be true. I especially love the crunch of the slivered almonds on top.
Seriously can it get any better than this?
To make this even more enticing it only takes 30 minutes to make & bake. So you can be indulging in this treat for breakfast or brunch in no time at all!
And I know this looks like dessert, but Roger & I felt no guilt while enjoying this for brunch a couple weekends ago with an array of colorful fruit on the side.
I also probably shouldn’t share the details of how much of this I ate in one sitting. I will say that there was none left to save for later…
No shame!! Just pure delicious happiness!
And to help you create a beautiful brunch treat that will be devoured in minutes, I decided to add a little mini photo tutorial above on how to create the braid.
I hope you enjoy your Nutella Puff Pastry Braid as much as we do!
Happy Sunday everyone!
Nutella Puff Pastry Braid
Nutella Puff Pastry Braid is filled with warm hazelnut flavor & perfect for brunch or dessert for any occasion.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 1
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry (defrosted) *(1)
- 1/2 Cup Nutella Spread
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Water
- 1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1/8 Cup Powdered Sugar
- First, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the puff pastry sheet on the parchment paper & spread the Nutella in the middle 1/3 of the puff pastry, leaving 1 inch of the puff pastry on the top & bottom without Nutella.
- Use a knife to slice the puff pastry dough to create a top & bottom flap along with & 6-8 side strips on each side. Then remove the excess puff pastry. *(2)
- Next, fold the top & bottom flaps of puff pastry onto the Nutella. Then braid the left & right side strips by folding them over top of the Nutella.
- In a small bowl whisk one egg & 1 teaspoon of water. Then brush the top of the Nutella Puff Pastry Braid with the egg wash.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until puffed & slightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle 1/4 cup slivered almonds on top, bake for 3-5 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Sprinkle 1/8 cup powdered sugar on top, cut, serve, & enjoy warm!
- *1. I place my puff pastry in the fridge the night before to defrost.
- *2. See pictures for example.
- Serving Size: 4
What is your favorite way to enjoy Nutella?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, Giustina
Trouble and distress have come upon me, but your commands give me delight.
Psalm 119:143 NIV