This post has been compensated & sponsored by Torani, all opinions are mine alone.
This Peppermint White Hot Chocolate is served in a candy cane rimmed mug & topped with homemade peppermint whipped cream, white chocolate drizzle, & crushed candy cane pieces.
Peppermint is a very popular flavor in the Miller family.
Every time one of my nieces sees a pretty red & white striped candy cane hanging from a twinkle light decorated tree they immediately, & very sweetly, ask if they can have one. And while they can be a sticky mess, I can’t resist reaching up & opening one for each & every one of my nieces & nephews.
I’m thinking that may be one of the best things about being an aunt. I pretty much never have to say no.
Oh, you want another piece of cake? Sure, no problem! Want to see who can throw paper airplanes the farthest off of the balcony? Definitely! Can’t reach the cookie jar? Here, let me help you! Need more glitter? Take the whole jar!
Being an aunt is pretty much the best!
So of course when I was dreaming up a new hot chocolate recipe while pursuing the plethora of Torani flavors available I couldn’t help but stop at the peppermint. It’s pretty much a staple in our lives this time of year.
And since I’ve never shared a white hot chocolate recipe I decided to combine the flavors to create Peppermint White Hot Chocolate!
But of course, I couldn’t stop there. I wanted to add even more peppermint flavor to this warm winter drink. So I decided to create a homemade peppermint whipped cream to go on top! How delicious is that?
And to help you see what you are about to taste I had to include a peppermint rimmed mug along with pieces of peppermint candy cane on top!
It’s simply delicious!
Torani’s original line is made with real, simple ingredients like pure cane sugar & natural flavors. And if you are looking for a sugar-free option Torani offers the largest variety of sugar-free flavors that are simple, easy to use & sweetened with Splenda™ so you get all of the flavors with none of the guilt!
That’s a major win!
And here’s a quick tip, they even have a Torani Sugar Free Peppermint Syrup! How’s that for an easy switch?
So this holiday season, make sure to have Torani on-hand for those “spur of the moment” Holiday gatherings. With Torani in your pantry, the possibilities are endlessly delicious. And don’t wait until it’s too late! Pick up a couple of your favorite holiday flavors & enjoy a stress-free season.
And if you want to create more flavorful memories this season be sure to sign up for Torani’s E-Newsletter for 10% OFF!
Your family & tastebuds will thank you later!
Now I must admit a funny quirk to you. I always get rather frustrated when my whipped cream immediately melts into my hot chocolate. I end up just adding more & more whipped cream as it melts down into my drink.
So to prevent me from eating all of the peppermint whipped cream I came up with a simple solution… Mini marshmallows!
You may not be able to tell from the pictures, but I actually have a layer of mini marshmallows on top of the Peppermint White Hot Chocolate, then the peppermint whipped cream, followed by a generous drizzle of Torani White Chocolate Sauce, & finished off with a sprinkle of crushed candy cane pieces.
I’m pretty sure that makes it the perfect cup of Peppermint White Hot Chocolate!!
- Peppermint White Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 2 & 1/2 Tablespoons Torani Peppermint Syrup
- 2 Teaspoons Torani White Chocolate Syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Peppermint Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 & 1/2 Teaspoon Torani Peppermint Syrup
- Toppings Ingredients
- 5 Pieces of White Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 2 Candy Canes
- Torani White Chocolate Sauce
- Mini Marshmallows
- In a small pot bring 2 cups whole milk to a low simmer.
- While the milk is heating up, in a chilled medium bowl combine the 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, 1 tablespoon of sugar, & 1 & 1/2 teaspoons Torani Peppermint Syrup & beat on the highest speed for 1 minute, or until stiff peaks form. Set to the side.
- On a small plate melt the 5 white chocolate melting wafers in the microwave according to the packing instructions.
- Place the two candy canes in a plastic bag and crush them with the end of a rolling pin & pour the crushed candy cane on a small plate.
- Dip the tops of the mugs in the melted chocolate & then into the candy canes. Set to the side.
- Once the milk begins to simmer add 1/2 cup white chocolate melting wafers, 2 & 1/2 tablespoons Torani Peppermint Syrup, 2 teaspoons Torani White Chocolate Syrup, & 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Whisk until the chocolate has melted into the simmering milk.
- Carefully pour the Peppermint White Hot Chocolate into your peppermint rimmed mugs. Top with mini marshmallows, peppermint whipped cream, a drizzle of Torani White Chocolate Sauce, & a sprinkling of the remaining crushed candy cane.
- Enjoy while warm!
What is your favorite way to enjoy Torani?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, Giustina
More Domestically Blissful Recipes:
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
food, home, faith, & travel.