This Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter Sauce is the perfect recipe for anyone obsessed with the wonderful flavors of fall!
This is the week of pumpkin recipes!
Today I am sharing this Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter Sauce & Thursday I will be sharing my Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting that I showed you on Instagram!
Although the pumpkin flavor is not strong in these little fluffy clouds of gnocchi, it is incredibly delicious & a festive way to add gnocchi to a fall meal!
And since the pumpkin is not overly strong, this is a great recipe for anyone who is still warming up to the pumpkin flavor!
Plus you will love the Sage Brown Butter Sauce that accompanies this Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi!
Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter Sauce
- Prep Time: 45
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 60
Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi Ingredients
- 1 Egg
- 1 Can of %100 Pure Pumpkin (*1)
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon All Spice
- A Smidgen of Ground Cloves (*2)
- 4–5 Cups All Purpose Flour (*2)
- Smoked Gouda Cheese – Optional
Sage Brown Butter Ingredients
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Sage
- First, combine all of the ingredients (except the flour) in a large bowl & mix well.
- Then add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough becomes too hard to stir.
- Place the pumpkin ricotta gnocchi dough on your counter & continue to add flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Place a pot of salted water on the stove at medium high heat until it begins to boil, then lower the temperature to medium heat.
- Then take a small handful of the dough & roll it into the shape of rope until it is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Using a knife cut the pumpkin dough roll into gnocchi pieces that are about 1/4-1/2 inch wide.
- Continue to roll & cut your gnocchi until you have a batch large enough to cook.
- Place the gnocchi pieces in the water, give it a good stir so they don’t stick together.
- Once the gnocchi floats to the top continue to let them cook for another 2-3 minutes then remove them with a slotted spoon.
- Place your cooked pumpkin ricotta gnocchi in a bowl with a little bit of olive oil to keep them from sticking while you cut & cook the rest of your gnocchi.
- Continue this process of rolling, cutting, & cooking until all of your pumpkin ricotta dough is gnocchi.
- To make the Sage Brown Butter Sauce place evenly cut thin slabs of butter in a single layer on a saucepan at medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, continually stir the butter with a wooden spoon in a whisking motion until the butter is just one shade below brown butter.
- Remove the butter from the heat, add 2 tablespoons of sage, & return the butter to the heat, continually stirring for 15-30 more seconds until brown but not burnt.
- Then stir in the Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi & serve warm.
- We also added a sprinkle of smoked gouda cheese to the top of our Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter Sauce to add one more texture & flavor to this delicious meal!
- *1. Make sure you are using 100% Pure Pumpkin & not Pumpkin Pie Filling for your gnocchi.
- *2. Yes there is actually a measuring spoon for a Smidgen! See affiliate link below.
- *3.You might need more depending on the stickiness of the dough. If your pumpkin ricotta gnocchi dough is too wet/sticky you run the risk of it falling apart while it is cooking. Flour is your friend.
- Serving Size: 4
Dash, Drop, Smidgen, Pinch, Tad Measuring Spoon Set – This is so handy!!
I’d love to see your Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter Sauce!
Instagram your Domestically Blissful inspired recipes & DIY projects with the hashtag #DomesticallyBlissful & you might find your picture featured on DB’s Instagram!
With love, G
For the word of the Lord is right & true;
He is faithful in all He does.
The Lord loves righteousness & justice;
the earth is full of His unfailing love.