There is nothing better than sitting by a warm crackling fire, with winter twinkle lights, while sipping on this Rich & Creamy Dark Hot Chocolate.
I could spend every night cozying up under a blanket with a good book & this hot chocolate & never get the winter blues.
Since last fall Roger & I have been dreaming about creating this Rich & Creamy Dark Hot Chocolate recipe, but we knew we needed just the right chocolate.
Over Roger’s fall break we spent a few nights at my parents house (in between our visit to the Winter Wonderland of the Smoky Mountains & our stay by the beach) & my mother had this amazing melting chocolate by Ghirardelli. This chocolate is so good I could eat it by the handfuls – & I secretly do!
Roger then created the richest & creamiest dark hot chocolate I have ever had in my life!
Rich & Creamy Dark Hot Chocolate
- 2 Cups Half & Half (*1)
- 1/4 Cup Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Melting Wafers
- 1/4 Cup Dove Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 Teaspoon White Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Coffee Grounds
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Smidgen of Ground Nutmeg
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Sea Salt – optional (*2)
- First, bring the 2 cups half & half to a simmer in a pot, then add the chocolate stirring constantly until the chocolate has melted.
- Then add 1/2 teaspoon white sugar, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon coffee grounds, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, & 1 pinch of nutmeg (*3).
- Pour into a festive mug, top with whipped cream, & sprinkle with Chocolate Sea Salt.
- *1. Of course Heavy Whipping Cream would make it Creamier & Whole Milk would be slightly healthier but less creamy.
- *2. I bought mine while we were in the Smoky Mountains there is a link to a site that was listed on the package below.
- *3. Make sure all of the ingredients are ground very well, if they aren’t you might need to strain the drink before enjoying your hot chocolate.
Want to give your hot chocolate the flavor of French Vanilla?
Check out this French Vanilla Hot Chocolate recipe!
I’d love to see your Rich & Creamy Hot Chocolate!
Instagram your Domestically Blissful inspired recipes & DIY projects with the hashtag #DomesticallyBlissful & you might find your picture featured on DB’s Instagram!
With love, G
How precious is your steadfast love, O God!
The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
They feast on the abundance of your house,
& you give them drink from the river of your delights.
For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light do we see light.