These Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Caramel Pears are a simple 4-ingredient recipe that
is a perfect holiday party dessert.
I love crazy easy desserts that look gorgeous for holiday parties.
And these Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Caramel Pears couldn’t be any easier.
Years ago I made these Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Caramel Marshmallows and I fell in love with them.
And even though I was obsessed with them I was completely caught off guard by how many of you loved them too!
They currently have over half a million Pins and counting and are the second most popular recipe on my blog following these Caramel Apple Slices recipe.
Which made me notice a trend.
I’m not alone in my love for crazy easy recipes that combine caramel and chocolate!
And if I’m being completely honest, I actually made these a couple of years ago, photographed them, wrote the post, and just never got around to sharing it because I wasn’t thrilled with the photos.
So this year I decided to start fresh.
I rewrote the post, retook the photos, and now I have a super simple recipe that I’m proud to share with you all.
These Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Caramel Pears would be so cute displayed on a cake stand or a tiered cupcake stand for dessert.
You could even have one placed at each place setting at a dinner table at a Thanksgiving or Christmas party!
But however you display them this year, I hope you and your guests enjoy this fresh fruit dessert!
Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Caramel Pears
These Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Caramel Pears are a simple 4-ingredient recipe that is a perfect holiday party dessert.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- First, wash your pears and dry them thoroughly.
- Next, melt your caramel according to their packaging instructions.
- Spoon the slightly cooled caramel*(1) over each pear and place them on a parchment paper-lined tray. And be sure to remove excess caramel from the base of the pear before placing it on the parchment paper.
- Refridgerate for 5-10 minutes until hardened.
- Next, melt your 1 & 1/2 cups dark chocolate according to their packaging instructions.
- Spoon the slightly cooled melted chocolate *(2) onto each caramel pear, sprinkle with sea salt, and let it harden on the parchment paper-covered tray. Repeat this step until all of your pears are dipped.
- Once hardened you can display them until you are ready to enjoy your Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Caramel Pears for dessert. *(3)
- Make sure to let it cool just enough so that the caramel is thick and will stick to the pear.
- If the melted chocolate is too hot/warm it will melt the caramel right off and you will have a puddle of chocolate and caramel at the base of your pears. And be sure to remove excess chocolate from the base of the caramel pear before sprinkling it with salt.
- For easy removal from the parchment paper, refridgerate the Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Caramel Pears for 5-10 minutes.
I hope you have as much fun creating these Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Caramel Pears as you do
If you make these Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Caramel Pears be sure to share a picture and tag @DomesticallyBlissful on Instagram so that we can all see your delicious dessert and so that I can share your image on my stories!
And if you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter below so that you don’t miss out on another blissful bite!
What is your favorite layer
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter!
With love, Giusti
Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.
Proverbs 19:20-21 NIV