This Sea Salt Rosemary No-Knead Bread is crusty on the outside, soft on the inside, and fills your home with a mouthwatering fragrance.
In last week’s Very Berry Brownie Pizza recipe blog post I promised a savory new recipe with only 6 ingredients that is very easy to create & bake.
So to honor that promise I’m sharing a tried and true recipe in our home for Sea Salt Rosemary No-Knead Bread.
If you don’t already have a dutch oven, I highly recommend you get one ASAP.
It’s pretty much a game-changer, especially when it comes to making homemade bread at home!
My mom gave me a white dutch oven as a Christmas gift and I absolutely love it!
You can find a variety of white dutch ovens here.
This Sea Salt Rosemary Bread is currently our favorite no-knead bread for five reasons.
- We always have all 6 ingredients on hand.
- This homemade bread tastes gourmet.
- Our home smells amazing while it bakes.
- The recipe is super easy to make.
- You can make it ahead of time or all in the same day.
I usually whip it together in less than 10 minutes Friday night, let it rise overnight, and then bake it the next morning before going to church.
Then once we get home it only takes a few minutes to warm up before it’s ready to be enjoyed!
If you aren’t a huge fan of rosemary you can always swap it out for a different herb that you love or just completely omit the rosemary and make sea salt no-knead bread!
Or, if you are obsessed with rosemary, or have a huge bush of rosemary in your garden (as my mother-in-law does, it’s seriously gorgeous!!) you can always add more rosemary or make a double batch and bake them one at a time.
If you are looking for yummy ways to serve this rosemary sea salt bread a few of my favorites are to dip it in extra virgin olive oil sprinkled with black pepper, slathered in butter, or with a slice of cheese like Havarti or smoked gouda.
And if you are wanting to get even fancier you could cut it into slices, spread on some goat cheese, and top with roasted tomatoes and a sprinkling of parmesan!
Sea Salt Rosemary No-Knead Bread
This Sea Salt Rosemary No-Knead Bread is crusty on the outside, soft on the inside, & fills your home with a mouthwatering fragrance.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour + resting period
- In a large bowl mix the 3 cups flour, 1 & 3/4 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon yeast, & 1/3 cup fresh rosemary together.
- Next, pour the 1 & 1/2 cups of water into the dry ingredients and mix until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap & let it rest on your counter for 12-18 hours.
- Place your dutch oven in your oven & then preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.*(2)
- On a large piece of parchment paper dusted with flour*(3) shape your dough into a ball & sprinkle 1 teaspoon sea salt on top. *(4)
- Carefully remove your dutch oven from your preheated oven, remove the lid, place the parchment paper with the dough on it inside the bowl, & replace the lid on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes with the lid on & then remove the lid & bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until your bread is golden brown.
- Remove the parchment paper with the bread on it from the dutch oven & let it cool completely before slicing & enjoying. *(5)
*1. Make sure not to scoop right from the container, this will compact the ingredient flour & be too much. Scoop with a spoon into your measuring container for a more accurate measuring.
*2. You want your dutch oven to be hot before you add the bread dough to it. Once the oven is preheated I personally like to wait an additional 10 minutes to ensure the dutch oven is hot enough before moving on to the next step.
*3. I like to dust mine with a little bit of cornmeal to give it a nice crunch on the bottom.
*4. To make it look extra pretty I add a sprinkle of fresh rosemary on top, along with the sea salt, before baking.
*5. I like to make this recipe ahead of time & then once it’s cooled I wrap it up in foil to be reheated at a later time at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes (right on the rack without foil).
What is your favorite thing about this Sea Salt Rosemary No-Knead Bread?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, G
I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
that all of you agree, & that there be no divisions among you,
but that you be united in the same mind & the same judgment.
1 Corinthians 1:10 ESV