This Sea Salt Rosemary No-Knead Bread is crusty on the outside, soft on the inside, & fills your home with a mouthwatering fragrance.
In last weeks Very Berry Brownie Pizza recipe blog post I promised a savory new recipe with only 6 ingredients that is very easy to create & bake.
So to honor that promise I’m sharing a tried & true recipe in our home for Sea Salt Rosemary No-Knead Bread.
If you don’t already have a dutch oven, I highly recommend you get one ASAP.
It’s pretty much a game changer, especially when it comes to making homemade bread at home!
My mom gave me a white dutch oven as a Christmas gift & I absolutely love it!
You can find a variety of white dutch ovens here.
This Sea Salt Rosemary Bread is currently our favorite no-knead bread for five reasons.
- We always have all 6 ingredients on hand.
- This homemade bread tastes gourmet.
- Our home smells amazing while it bakes.
- The recipe is super easy to make.
- You can make it ahead of time or all in the same day.
I usually whip it together in less than 10 minutes Friday night, let it rise overnight, & then bake it the next morning before going to church.
Then once we get home it only takes a few minutes to warm up before it’s ready to be enjoyed!
If you aren’t a huge fan of rosemary you can always swap it out for a different herb that you love or just completely omit the rosemary & make sea salt no-knead bread!
Or, if you are obsessed with rosemary, or have a huge bush of rosemary in your garden (like my mother-in-law does, it’s seriously gorgeous!!) you can always add more rosemary or make a double batch & bake them one at a time.
If you are looking for yummy ways to serve this rosemary sea salt bread a few of my favorites are to dip it in extra virgin olive oil sprinkled with black pepper, slathered in butter, or with a slice of cheese like Havarti or smoked gouda.
And if you are wanting to get even fancier you could cut it into slices, spread on some goat cheese, & top with roasted tomatoes & a sprinkling of parmesan!
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour *(1), plus extra for dusting before baking
- 1 & 3/4 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Active Dry Yeast, slightly heaping
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Rosemary, slightly chopped
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Water, room temperature
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt Flakes
- In a large bowl mix the 3 cups flour, 1 & 3/4 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon yeast, & 1/3 cup fresh rosemary together.
- Next, pour the 1 & 1/2 cups of water into the dry ingredients and mix until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap & let it rest on your counter for 12-18 hours.
- Place your dutch oven in your oven & then preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.*(2)
- On a large piece of parchment paper dusted with flour*(3) shape your dough into a ball & sprinkle 1 teaspoon sea salt on top. *(4)
- Carefully remove your dutch oven from your preheated oven, remove the lid, place the parchment paper with the dough on it inside the bowl, & replace the lit on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes with the lid on & then remove the lid & bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until your bread is golden brown.
- Remove the parchment paper with the bread on it from the dutch oven & let it cool completely before slicing & enjoying. *(5)
- *1. Make sure not to scoop right from the container, this will compact the ingredient flour & be too much. Scoop with a spoon into your measuring container for a more accurate measuring.
- *2. You want your dutch oven to be hot before you add the bread dough to it. Once the oven is preheated I personally like to wait an additional 10 minutes to ensure the dutch oven is hot enough before moving on to the next step.
- *3. I like to dust mine with a little bit of cornmeal to give it a nice crunch on the bottom.
- *4. To make it look extra pretty I add a sprinkle of fresh rosemary on top, along with the sea salt, before baking.
- *5. I like to make this recipe ahead of time & then once it’s cooled I wrap it up in foil to be reheated at a later time at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
What is your favorite thing about this Sea Salt Rosemary No-Knead Bread?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, G
I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
that all of you agree, & that there be no divisions among you,
but that you be united in the same mind & the same judgment.
1 Corinthians 1:10 ESV
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
food, home, faith, & travel.