Our seventh month of house building with a video update of our dream home that has drywall & is ready for paint & hardwood floors!!
November felt like things moved really quickly & then really slowly.
As you can see in this video update they hung the drywall in about 3 days time, which was awesome!
But then it felt like progress sold down, but that’s just because finishing drywall takes some time.
So here is a list of everything that happened in November at our house:
- They hung all of the drywall.
- Finished the drywall by puttying & sanding.
- They put the metal roofing on accent areas in the front of the house.
- The pocket doors were set up in our master bathroom.
- Roger & his brother-in-law installed a gate at the bottom of our driveway.
- The flooring installer measured for the wood floors & ordered them.
- Once more siding arrived the crew came back to continue working on the siding.
Roger went out to our new house earlier this week & saw them installing the siding, but he thinks there may not have been enough & that we may need to order more so that there will be enough for the fireplace & the front porch.
We will have to wait & see if they need to order more in December.
At the end of November, we found out the wood floors had arrived at the warehouse & that they would be installing them this month!
As I mentioned in my YouTube update on our house, normally they would paint first, but since the wood floors have already arrived we are going to go ahead & have them installed, stained, & sealed with the first coat of polyurethane while the painter starts painting & staining the exterior of our house.
Then the painter will move inside & paint the interior walls. And once everything has been finished & installed in our house (right before final inspections) they will come back in & sand the floors & give it one more coat of polyurethane.
Since the floors are getting ready to be installed the power company has been out at our house this month (December) changing our temporary power to permanent so that we can get the A/C set up for our wood floors.
Roger & I’s December To-Do List for our house includes:
- Ordering Tile (Which we did just a couple of days ago.)
- Ordering Light Fixtures
- Get Built-in Quotes for Living Room Fireplace (I have 3 people/companies in mind. One that is a family friend, one that was recommended by a reader, & one that reached out to me directly through social media.)
- Paint the Upstairs Rooms (We decided to save a little money & paint these rooms. We thought it would be a great way to test the paint colors that we plan on using for the rest of the house. And since we will probably re-paint them once we have kids we figured they didn’t have to be perfect.)
If you want to see more of what happened in November click here to see my YouTube house progress update for November!
And if you enjoyed this home update, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter below so that you don’t miss out on another blissful moment!
After drywall did you paint or have your wood floors installed?
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter!
With love, Giusti