Over the last month I have seen an increase in views for these Thin and Crispy French Fries. So much so that I thought it must be time for a new Transformation Tuesday & a complete makeover of this post.
While the recipe remains the same, I have updated the pictures & formatted the recipe to my newer format.
The description is in the name of these french fries. They really are Thin and Crispy French Fries! And did I mention they are delicious?!
Thin and Crispy French Fries make a great snack & a yummy homemade side to veggie burgers!
Now on to the original post.
A few Friday nights ago my husband and I were making Havarti Potato Soup and we had an extra potato so my husband decided to cut them into thin little slivers and deep fry them in our egg pan. I thought he was crazy… I was majorly wrong!
A few of the original photos.
These Thin and Crispy French Fries were so perfectly golden and crispy – even better than that stuff you’ll find fast food joints! So I decided I would make them again so that I could share the deep fried goodness with you!
Thin and Crispy French Fries
The name is in the title of these french fries.
They really are Thin and Crispy French Fries!
And did I mention they are delicious?!
- 1 Russet Potato
- Vegetable Oil (*1)
- First, heat the oil in a small pan on your stove over medium high heat (*2) & cut the Russet potato into little shoestring slivers.
- Once the oil is hot start placing the potato slivers in the hot oil in small batches (*3)
- Fry the shoestring potatoes slivers until golden brown on all sides. (*4)
- Place the golden Thin and Crispy French Fries on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb the extra oil & add salt to taste. (*5)
- Enjoy your fresh Thin and Crispy French Fries with your favorite condiments!
- *1. You only need enough oil to cover the potatoes.
- *2. We used an egg pan with about ¼-1/3 cup of oil.
- *3. Warning Hot Oil Please Be Careful.
- *4. Frying time will depend on the heat of the oil and how many potato slivers you fry in each batch. It took ours about 5 minutes.
- *5 I used small tongs to flip the fries & remove them from the hot oil.
I’d love to see your Thin and Crispy French Fries! Instagram your Domestically Blissful inspired recipes & DIY projects with the hashtag #DomesticallyBlissful & you might find your picture featured on DB’s Instagram!
With love, G
Better to be lowly and have a servant
than to play the great man and lack bread.
Affiliate links included.