This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VeryVeggieHoliday #MorningStarFarms #CollectiveBias
These Vegetarian Chorizo Spinach Cheese Puffs are the perfect last-minute holiday recipe that is quick & easy to create & full of flavor!
Foodie confession time.
I’m always looking for quick & easy recipes that will make holiday parties more simple so that I can relax & enjoy the company of my friends & family.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been in the kitchen trying to put the final touches on a recipe rather than making memories with the ones I love.
Although truth be told, being in the kitchen has saved my family from hearing yet another corny joke in which I completely mess up the punch line…
Even still I’m determined to find quicker recipes for holiday parties that leave me with more time for what really matters, family!
The problem is that I also want to create dishes that are full of flavor that my guests will actually love, but sometimes finding a quick flavorful recipe can be hard.
Luckily these Vegetarian Chorizo Spinach Cheese Puffs solve both problems!
To make them extra tasty I added MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles which is a new product that’s vegan!
Since MorningStar Farms® also knows that sometimes “Less is More;” their new products have No Artificial Colors or Flavors, which you can learn more about here.
And WOW, these Chorizo Crumbles have a nice flavor with a spicy kick!
This vegetarian cheese puff recipe is easy to make & filled with flavor.
And because it’s so simple to make they are perfect for any occasion, big or small!
MorningStar Farms® products are not only for vegetarians, but they are also for everyone!
And all of your hungry eaters will enjoy these Vegetarian Chorizo Spinach Cheese Puffs with their flaky crusts & chewy centers.
The MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles (13.5oz Value Pack) can be found in the frozen foods section at Walmart, but I placed my order online & used the Walmart Online Grocery Pickup service to pick up what I needed for these Vegetarian Chorizo Spinach Cheese Puffs.
My mom & I enjoyed these for lunch last week & I can’t wait to make them again for Roger & maybe even some holiday dinner guests!
Vegetarian Chorizo Spinach Cheese Puffs
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Fresh Baby Spinach, chopped & packed
- 1/2 Cup Feta, crumbled
- 3/4 Cup MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles, defrosted
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Pinch Pepper
- 1 Sheet Frozen Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, Melted
- First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit & spray a muffin tin with oil. *(1)
- In a small bowl mix, the 4 ounces cream cheese, 1 egg, & 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil together.
- In a large bowl mix, the 1 cup chopped spinach, 1/2 cup feta, 3/4 cup MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles, 1 teaspoon parsley, 1 pinch salt, & 1 pinch pepper.
- Mix the cream cheese mixture into the large bowl of dry ingredients with a spoon until combined & then set it to the side.
- Cut the puff pastry into 9 squares & place each puff pastry square in a muffin tin, stretching each square if needed, & pressing the puff pastry into the base of each tin.
- Divide the chorizo spinach cheese mixture between the 9 puff pastry muffin tins & cover the filling with the 4 points of the puff pastry.
- Brush with butter & bake for 15-18 minutes, or until fluffy & golden.
- Let cool & enjoy!
- If you are using a darker muffin tin be sure to lower your baking temperature (to about 375 degrees Fahrenheit) & adjust the baking time (it may take a few extra minutes to bake).
I hope you, your family, & all of your guests enjoy these Vegetarian Chorizo Spinach Cheese Puffs!
If you make these Vegetarian Chorizo Spinach Cheese Puffs this season be sure to share a picture & tag @DomesticallyBlissful on Instagram so that we can all see your delicious holiday appetizer!
And if you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter below so that you don’t miss out on another blissful bite!
With love, Giusti