Watermelon Pizza topped with whipped coconut cream & your favorite summer fruit.
Pizza is the BEST. Whether you make it at home, get carry out, or discover new brick oven restaurants in new cities, it’s pretty hard to go wrong with pizza.
In January we visited my husband’s brother & sister-in-law & they took us to a delicious pizza restaurant called Bricks and Birch in California. I couldn’t believe how many vegetarian options were available. And they weren’t your run-of-the-mill veggie loaded pizza, they even had one called the Thai Pie that was incredibly delicious!
In March, when we visited Italy for the first time, we tried a variety of pizza’s & were surprised to discover that Via Napoli in Epcot does a fantastic job at replicating the original Italian classic.
But sometimes, especially in the summer, what you really crave is fruit, especially when it is growing everywhere & you can get it for next to nothing or even for free (thanks to my mom & mother-in-law’s extensive fruit gardens).
Since watermelon is incredibly cheap right now, I decided to combine the concept of pizza with my love for fresh fruit.
And you will be happy to know that this recipe is completely vegan, gluten free, & a fruit lover’s dream come true! However, if you want to make real whipped cream to top your Watermelon Pizza you can find a recipe for homemade whipped cream inside of this recipe post for Strawberries & Cream Popsicles.
And while you are there, be sure to subscribe & check out all of my other videos!
One of my favorite things about this watermelon fruit pizza is that you can customize it with all of your favorite seasonal fruit or whatever you already have on hand. Plus it can be served for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, dessert, or at a party.
It’s a completely guilt free treat that is perfect for any occasion!
This is my second watermelon post this season, so if you missed last week’s recipe, be sure to check out these Frozen Patriotic Watermelon Pops!
And if you are looking for more watermelon recipes, be sure to check out all of my watermelon posts by clicking here, which includes recipes like Watermelon Cupcakes, Watermelon Fruit Leathers, & much more!
- Watermelon Slice
- Chilled Canned Coconut Milk*(1)
- Vanilla Extract
- Sweeter (Sugar or Honey) - Optional
- Fresh Fruit
- Mint - Optional
- First, take your slice of watermelon & cut it into triangles. Then place them on a serving tray, in the original circle shape & set to the side.
- Next, open your can of chilled coconut milk & scoop out the solid section on top & place it in a bowl.
- Whip the chilled solid coconut milk with a blender until fluffy, then add vanilla extract (I used about 1/4 teaspoon) & sweeter to taste. *(2)
- Top the watermelon pizza with the whipped coconut cream just as you would a pizza crust with sauce.
- Next, add all of your favorite fruit & mint.
- Serve & enjoy!
- *1. Place the canned coconut milk in your fridge overnight before making this recipe. I used Thai Kitchen Pure Coconut Milk.
- *2. If the whipped coconut cream is too thick add 1/4 teaspoon of the remaining coconut milk & continue blending. Add more as needed.
What fruit will you top your Watermelon Pizza with this summer?
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment below, email me, or tweet me on Twitter.
With love, G
Whenever I am afraid,
I will trust in You.
In God (I will praise His word),
In God I have put my trust;
I will not fear.
What can flesh do to me?
More Domestically Blissful Recipes:
Join Domestically Blissful's Newsletter
Join me & thousands of others as
we create bliss through
food, home, faith, & travel.